Our mission is to bridge cultural gaps and preserve African culture by facilitating artistic education through traditional African dance, drum, music, art and history. Our goal is to provide children and adults of our diverse community the opportunity for expression, growth and appreciation in a supportive and nurturing environment.
- Continue to provide an on-going platform that showcases and educates the general public on the rich traditions of Africa.
- Establish a learning center where children and adults from all walks of life can experience the rich traditions of Africa by introducing individuals to the A-CEO concept ( Arts, Culture, Education and Opportunity).
Delou Africa, Inc. was started in 2010 by Delou Africa Dance Ensemble (D.A.D.E.) a traditional West African Performing Arts Company who has been preserving African heritage in South Florida since 1987. D.A.D.E has expanded their brand to include a more in depth opportunity for participants to learn and experience African traditions through dance, drum, music, and history. Delou Africa is an educational cultural arts community based non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization that enhances cultural awareness and empower individuals to embrace diversity which help to promote unity in communities.
Delou is a Wolof word spoken in Senegal West Africa that means â€œback or return toâ€. The meaning signifies the value and importance of research that is influenced by the presence of the African Diaspora. We provide artistic educational programs for children and adults along with weekly community classes, workshop series, rites of passages that includes arts and crafts, instrument construction and an annual three day cultural arts festival and conference. Our programs are developed by a collective of professional artists and educators who are committed to providing quality artistic education through the arts.
- To show the positive impact that African dance, drum, music and history have on our society and its influence in the arts.
- To ensure students explore Africa as a discovery of geographic awareness.
- To implement African dance, drum and music as part of teachers and educational institutions artistic programming.
- To emphasize the vital connections of our global community by discovering the interesting facts of African culture, resources and history.
- To discover and understand that African dance drum and music is an expression of life stories.
- To learn African languages through songs.
- To encourage a sense of belonging, not just to one country, but a global community through online global exchanges where students in America can connect and engage with students in Africa.
- To promote the history of Africa through the universal language of African dance, drum and music.